Student/Parent HANDBOOK



Administrative Staff

Mr. Vee Popat, Director, 355-2552

Ms. Kaci Cotter, Assistant Director, 355-2555

Ms. Collins, School Counselor, 355-2553

School Hours

Doors Open - 7:45 AM

School Day - 8:00 AM to 3:20 PM

Doors Close - 6:00 PM

Parent Portal

Please check with the guidance office to sign up for the parent portal. You will be able to access information pertaining to grades, attendance, and discipline. Photo ID of parent/guardian is required to release portal password access.

Go to the Parent Portal


Ms. Erin Poole, 355-2554

Ms. Kathryn Rhyne 355-2556

The School Board attendance policy can be found here.


Q: How many days can I miss?

A: A student can have no more than 5 unexcused absences in a semester class and 10 in a year-long class. Any unexcused absence over 5 will require the student to complete seat time recovery. If your student is absent from school he/she should bring documentation to the office upon returning to school. FAC students are advised to acquire two copies of documentation - one for the base-school and one for the FAC.

Q: What if I am late for class?

A: The student must scan their school ID at the security station and turn in a note from their parent or home school stating why they are late. Any student without a note will be marked unexcused late, with the exception of arriving on a late bus.

Q: What is seat time recovery?

A: Students are required by state law to have a certain amount of “seat time” in a class. If a student accrues more than 5 unexcused absences, they will be required to pay a fee and attend seat time recovery sessions after normal school hours. Seat time recovery dates will be released at a later date.

Q: What do I do if I need an early dismissal?

A: Students should turn in a note to the office stating the time and reason for the early dismissal. The note must contain a phone number to contact the parent or guardian. If the phone number does not match with our information in PowerSchool the early dismissal will be denied causing the parent or guardian to physically check their child out and update student records. Confirmed early dismissals can be picked up in the front office.

Health Room

Ms. Collins, 355-2553

Q: What if my child gets sick at school?

A: There is no nurse at the Fine Arts Center, however, many of our faculty and staff are trained as first responders. If a student gets sick, they can report to the counselor’s office. The counselor will contact you or the emergency contact to come pick up your student. (Being dismissed from the counselor DOES NOT count as a medical excuse.)

Q: What if my child needs to take medication at school?

A: The parent/guardian must drop off the student’s medication in its original bottle/box and fill out the necessary paperwork giving the counselor permission to administer the medication.

Bus Information

Parent who wish for their students to be transported by bus must contact the District Transportation Department. Information about transportation.

PERMISSION TO DRIVE OR RIDE IN A CAR: Under certain circumstances, students are permitted to drive or ride in a car to and from the Center. However, a permission form must be completed by the student and signed by the student’s guardian, the principal at the home school, and the director of the Fine Arts Center. Application to Drive or Ride in a Car


Wade Hampton High School students are to eat lunch at Wade Hampton. No food or drink (other than water) is to be brought into the Fine Arts Center.

Electronic Devices

Students are not to be using their devices during class time. Any lost, stolen, or damaged device is not the responsibility of the school.

ID badges

IDs MUST be worn at all times while on the campus. Student’s IDs must be visible and worn with a lanyard. Students are given 1 ID free of charge. If your student loses his/her ID he/she must purchase a new one for $5. Students must also wear their home high school ID.

Out of district tuition

Students residing out of Greenville School District must pay tuition. Please see the District Tuition Rates for information.